Wednesday, April 16, 2014

There are times where I really don't understand. 
I look at us and I wonder why are we so different, 
How did we becomes so different in the first place? 

And I realised that God made people different for a reason. 
Clashes happen simply due to this difference and it's through said clashes that you learn about humility and honour. 

Be devoted to one another in love. Honour one another above yourselves.
Romans 12:10

"Honoring others can have many faces. Reaching out to do practical acts of service to help others--even when the task is unpleasant or inconvenient. Submitting to someone else's idea and helping pursue it even when we think our idea is better. Respecting other people's opinions even when they differ from ours. Staying in the background and allowing others to be credited for a job well done."

It's a hard teaching, especially when I don't understand someone else viewpoint.
As someone with extreme pride, it is particularly difficult for me to agree with another's point of view when my pride deems that my opinion is superior. 
But who gave me to right to judge, when I am just as flawed as everyone else?

And this is when I realise that I still have so much to learn about humility and honouring others.

Observe and pray, not observe and judge. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home