Monday, November 04, 2013

Officially turned 21 on Friday.

21, to me, is but just another day.
But it also signals the transition into adulthood.
This is the changing season of my life,
where I learn and grow to be a woman.
And at this chapter of my life,
my goal is to really look ahead into the future
and to develop myself into a woman on my own terms.
No more letting what others expect of me to completely mould and shape me,
but rather to take their expectations as a point of reference to improve for the better,
and be the individual that I should be.

Of course,
I must never fail to be thankful for the people in my life.

My wonderful family that have always been there for me,
despite my flaws and all.
I am so imperfect,
yet I am perfect in their love.
My mom for all the sacrifices she made for me.
All her expectations has really helped to make me the woman I am today.
My brother.
Although he's younger,
somehow in his transition between secondary school and Shatec,
he took on the big brother role for me.
Thankful for all the times he looked out for me,
and how he showed his love and care for me in his unique way.
My dad,
although he was largely absent in my life,
the small things he does show that he does indeed care for me.

My beloved friends.
Michelle, of course.
For her big and non-judgmental heart.
Thankful that we have gotten really close over the years,
for all the times she sat there just listening to me rant.

Jas,
meeting her in uni was one of the best things in uni life.
I can't imagine how would I survive in English without her.
All the times we spent working on projects together.
The frustration and bitching sessions we shared over uncooperative groupmates.
Her presence kept in sane in a place where I could barely hold myself together.

Joyce.
My ever important so-maid.
The many laughs we shared in our gossiping session.
Training together, handling the team together.
Staying on campus with her this sem was one of the best experiences of my uni life.
I'm sure going to miss your constant presence next sem, my soulmate.

Ben.
I know its really weird how I consider him a best friend.
But its like he said, somehow someway we just click.
He's someone that I know I can count on when I need help,
he's my Mr. Fix-It-All.
He'll listen to me and he'll find ways to offer solutions.
And I need him to know that I really thankful and I appreciate him for who he is.

My 6 sisters.
Meeting them during one of my lowest points in MJ was one thing that I will never forget.
I remember meeting 10A101, fearing how they wouldn't accept me because I am a repeat student afterall.
And they saw past that, and recognized me as an individual.

MJ Gaibang
Shooting will never be the same without you guys.
And neither will studying at the airport.
You guys made a definitive mark in my shooting career in MJ.

MJ Wholesome group.
Really glad to have known you guys so much better in China.
Imagined how differently it would have turned out between us had I chose to not go back then.
(Yes, I didn't want to go initially.)
Jialer,
it was really fate at work,
meeting you.
And you are always considered part of the group even if you weren't in MJ.

AHNP.
It's almost close to a decade of friendship between us.
As we go on with our lives,
I'm glad that we still make time for each other.
And we still remain close as we were.

My 3 Fats.
You guys were the first friends I made in hall and in NUS.
For all the suppers that we had together,
all the fun times we spent HTHT-ing in each others' rooms.
You guys made hall life so much better.
Happy and Shin,
I remain guilty that I left hall.
But I'm glad that you guys have your own lives in hall.
Linda,
so grateful for the time we've gotten to know each other better in Korea.
Yes you were an awesome travelling partner.
In all honesty,
you are really like a younger sister to me.
And one really good trait about you is your childlike innocence and your trust in other people.
It really makes people around you want to protect you and keep you that way.
So,
always stay that way alright? (:

All the people who helped to shape me as an individual.
For all their influences in my life.
From the bottom of my heart,
thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home